Alexa's voice recognition generally improves as it gets to know you. However, if Alexa mishears something a player has said in the game there are a few ways to make sure Alexa clearly understands you:
Location of the device
- Make sure your Alexa device is in an ideal location. Place away from walls or other objects that may cause interference (like microwave ovens, baby monitors, or TV's)
- Make sure the device has an active WI-FI connection. You will need an active connection to play the game and so Alexa can process your requests and answers.
- Make sure there is limited background noise whilst playing the game. This means Alexa has a better chance of hearing you!
- When speaking to Alexa try to speak as naturally and clearly as possible.
- The Alexa App keeps a record of all requests. This means you can see exactly what she heard. Go to the app’s Settings and hit History. Here you can identify common misheard words and perhaps express them more clearly.
Using the Voice Training tool
- Head to Setting then select Voice Training in the Alexa app. You'll be asked to speak 25 pre-selected phrases to help Alexa learn your lexicon.
If you experience any further problems with Alexa please refer to these articles:
Or alternatively please reach out to email@example.com and we'll do our best to answer any further questions.