Tried battles with a group of 3 children (8 and 9 years old) today. They gave some useful feedback after playing several games;
- they loved the competitive aspect of the game compared to the previous one player version
- they fought over who could select a guardian first, as they initially thought that that person would get to play first but quickly realised that it seemed to be a random choice of first player
- one of the group tried to use an air beast (Toucan) when they were the land guardian and was pleasantly surprised to find an Outran appearing in their area.
- it took a while before they began to try and interfere with their opponents score after realising that they could inflict damage with red stars when they used certain elementals
- the 3 migration artefacts were used early in most games as they were intent on stealing each others beasts
- rebuilding the stack confused them as it seemed to be random choice of who was to rebuild, and which player could win if they didn't. They couldn't find a reason for some of the choices that were made.
- one of them asked me to turn the sound down on the TV as they music was annoying them. Is there a way to mute it, but still have the game sounds play?
Please sign in to leave a comment.